Site: Windsor - Cantelon Dr
Service: Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program for Cooks
|Record #: WIN2310||Last Modified: 13 Aug 2019||Last Full Update: 13 Aug 2019|
|Office Phone||519-944-4900 Ext 150|
|Primary Contact||Melody Mungar, Pre-Apprenticeship and Literacy Supervisor, Unemployed Help Centre of Windsor Inc; Email: email@example.com|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||The Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program for Cooks:
* helps potential entrants to the apprenticeship system develop their job skills and trade readiness so that they will be prepared to find work as apprentices in the field of cooking.
* Participants receive in-school training, relevant apprenticeship skills training, safety training and a 12 week work placement.
* There is no cost to participate in a pre-apprenticeship program.
* In addition, costs for text books, safety equipment and tools are included.
* Call for more information
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
Who can participate?
The Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program is open to a wide range of clients including:
* High School graduates
* Unemployed/underemployed youth and adults
* Aboriginal peoples
Note: Certain eligibility criteria may apply to specific programs (call for details)
|Application||* Appointment required
To find out about local program offerings, individuals can contact the Ministry, for the phone number and location of the apprenticeship office in their area.
* Call the toll-free Employment Ontario Hotline at: 1-800-387-5656
* TTY(telephone service for the hearing impaired): 1-866-533-6339
|Primary Executive||June Muir, CEO|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
6955 Cantelon Dr
Windsor, ON N8T 3J9
|Intersection||Lauzon Pkwy and Cantelon Dr|
|Bus Routes||Ottawa 4|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom and Entrance|
|Print Material||Brochures; Pamphlets|