Site: Windsor - City Hall Sq E
|Record #: WIN1510||Last Modified: 17 Apr 2020||Last Full Update: 02 Mar 2020|
|Memos and Bulletins|
|Public Comments||Due to COVID-19, the Ontario Works Offices in Windsor and Leamington are closed to the public until further notice.
Please be assured that staff are still working to provide service to our clients. If you have any questions or require any information, please contact your caseworker.
If you are submitting documents, please place documents in the grey drop box located outside of the 400 City Hall Square East building in Windsor or 33 Princess lobby in Leamington.
To apply for Ontario Works, please call 519-255-5600 or online at www.citywindsor.ca/socialservices.
For general inquiries, please call 519-255-5200.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
|Office Phone||Ontario Works application:519-255-5600
|Toll Free Phone||Cheque Inquiries, Interactive Voice Response System: 1-800-808-2268
Fraud Hotline: 1-800-394-7867 (STOP)
|Primary Contact||Rosalind Russell, Intermediate Clerk; Phone: ext 5277|
|Alternate Contact||Joe Parent, Supervisor of Administration; Phone: ext 5251|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||COVID19 Important Update:
FAMILIES SUPPORTING FAMILIES local foundations have partnered with the City of Windsor to provide $100 grocery gift cards to Ontario Works families with children.
* provides financial assistance and employment supports including training and skills development, academic upgrading and work placements * services include:
Financial Assistance a monthly allowance based on family size, housing costs and income and monthly ODB benefit
Employment Start-Up Benefit covers costs related to starting a job or work placement
Families with Children newborn child allowance, child care start-up costs
Health-Related Benefits may include dentures, emergency dental services, eyeglasses, special diet allowance, health care supplies, medical transportation funds, prosthetic devices, funerals and burials https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/socialservices-/Employment-and-Ontario-Works/Pages/Discretionary-Benefits.aspx
Emergency Assistance is a discretionary benefit that anyone can apply for. It is intended to help those in serious financial hardship, but who are not receiving OW or ODSP benefits. NOTE: Emergency Assistance is a one-time grant of money.
The following are Discretionary Benefits for non OW recipients:
• Consumer co-payments under the Assistive Devices Program (ADP)
• Funeral and Burial https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/socialservices-/Employment-and-Ontario-Works/Pages/Indigent-Funerals-And-Burials.aspx
• Other special services or health related items where the administrator has made a determination of need based on verifiable documentation, and failure to provide would result in a detriment to the health of the recipient or a member of the benefit unit.
• Dental – for relief of pain only. https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/socialservices-/Employment-and-Ontario-Works/Pages/Dental-And-Denture-Services.aspx
Learning, Earning and Parenting (LEAP) offered to eligible young parents * Click Here for more details
New Changes to the Way Social Assistance Clients Access Drug Coverage:
Ontario Health Card Program for Social Assistance Clients receiving;
* Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
* Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD)
* Ontario Works (OW) and Temporary Care Assistance (TCA)
* The program was introduced to replace the paper drug Eligibility Card used by social assistance clients with their Ontario Health Card in order to access prescription medication under the Ontario Drug Benefit program.
* Once the client’s card is swiped the pharmacist will be able to identify the individual is a social assistance recipient
|Hours||General Inquiries: Mon-Fri: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Interactive Voice Response System: Mon-Fri: 8 am-9 pm * Sat & Sun 12 noon-5 pm
|Areas Served||Essex County ; Windsor|
|Eligibility||Qualified residents of Windsor and Essex County|
|Application||Application process required|
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - Translator - upon request|
|Primary Executive||Matt Pavelich, Manager of Administration; Phone: ext 5230|
|Alternate Executive||Matt Pavelich, Manager of Administration; Phone: ext 5230; Fax: 519-255-7748; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||City / Town - City of Windsor ; Provincial - Ministry of Community and Social Services, Ministry of Children and Youth Services ; Federal - Canada. Service Canada|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
400 City Hall Square E
Windsor, ON N9A 7K6
View Google Map
|Intersection||McDougall Ave and University Ave E|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 150
Windsor, ON N9A 6K1
|Bus Routes||Transway 1A ; Transway 1C ; Crosstown 2 ; Central 3 ; Ottawa 4 ; Dougall 6 ; Walkerville 8 ; Parent 14|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Automatic entrance, Washroom, Elevator with Braille keypad|