Site: Windsor - Quality Way
Service: Respite Programs for Children with Disabilities
|Record #: WIN1021||Last Modified: 17 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 17 Dec 2019|
|Crisis Phone||Service related emergencies only 519-259-4305|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Respite Programs
* work with families to develop an individualized, flexible plan for direct support
* to establish in home or out of home respite through the use of paid direct support providers
* The focus with respite care is to provide enjoyable, fun activities with the child and to provide care so that the parent can have a break
* Family Respite Services also provides support through a unique relationship with the Recreation Departments in Windsor and LaSalle and Leamington. (staff members are provided to support children to participate in community recreation programs such as summer day camp programs or the Fantastic Fridays program).
* Respite providers are self employed contractors.
* In many situations families may be receiving some financial assistance from FRS to pay for the service. (Families also use funds that they receive from other kinds of programs).
* Parent are responsible to provide information to the respite care provider to enable them to meet the specific needs of their child. * The Family Coordinator from FRS maintains support with the family to provide support and resources and is available to assist the respite provider.
Associate Family Respite
* Associate families are individuals and families in the community who welcome a child with special needs into their home for a brief period of time (Usually the child comes to spend a weekend each month)
* During this time the child spends time with the family and develops a relationship with the new "extended family".
* Some families have children who have very specialized medical needs.
* They may qualify for Enhanced Respite Funding Grant.
* This grant is paid to families who are caring for a child who is medically fragile and technologically dependent.
* How would FRS be involved? Some families wish to use the funding they receive through Enhanced Respite to develop a respite plan with FRS.
* FRS would administer the funds, hire a worker and provide the respite for the child and family.
Weekend with Friends & Spago Residential Home (FRS provides respite in two staffed locations).
* Family Respite Services encourages and facilitates respite in the homes of individuals and families in the community, known as associate families. However, some families and children require a respite setting that has trained staff members of Family Respite Services.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Essex County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and under
* Infants, children and youth with physical, developmental disabilities and mental health challenges
|Application||Please phone or e-mail Family Respite Services or email email@example.com|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Catharine Shanahan, Executive Director; Fax: 519-972-8902; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Community and Social Services, Ministry of Children and Youth Services ; Grants ; Fundraising ; Donations|
|Located In Community||Windsor|
|Address & Map||
3295 Quality Way, Unit 101 A
Windsor, ON N8T 3R9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Quality Way and Jefferson Ave north of EC Row Expwy|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp and Automatic Entrance|