|Record #: LEA0138||Last Modified: 09 Dec 2019||Last Full Update: 09 Dec 2019|
|Primary Contact||Christie, Secretary|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Anglican Church
* Sunday School during 10:30 am Service
* Church Service
Ministries and groups at St John's Anglican, Leamington include:
Messy Church - Third Friday of the month
* Includes music, crafts, faith, fellowship and dinner
* Free, family event
* All are welcome
* is a committee devoted to becoming a caring task force within the church, community and the world.
* It is the umbrella which oversees many parish outreach projects, such as Operation Christmas Child, Caring Christmas Tree; Christmas Dinner.
* all interested persons are welcome to join.
Anglican Church Women (A.C.W.):
* The ministry is to help raise funds by making and selling pies, and hosting a yearly "Everything Sale".
* ACW supports community organizations, help to send children to camp and support St. John's.
* ACW also helps with different meals including Funeral receptions.
* are a group of individuals who meet in the library/lounge, throughout most of the year except the summer months.
* You do not need to be a member of St. John's to be a crafter.
* Individuals work on personal craft projects, whether it be knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, sewing, plastic canvas, or trading recipes.
The Church also Provides;
* Community Meals every Wednesday from 4 - 5:30 pm
* Holiday Meals - (Christmas Day at Noon)
* We are a nut-free kitchen/facility
* St. John's Community Clothing Angel Cupboard provides gently used clothing and accessories for men, women and children - Open the 4th Wednesday from 1 - 5 pm
* The Community Clothing Angel Cupboard also offers a 'Career Clothing' closet for those requiring clothing to attend interviews or starting a new job. Open on the 4th Wednesday from 1 - 5 pm or by appointment
* Holiday Meals include Wheatley, Kingsville and Leamington* (Christmas Day Dinner)
A special Invitation to Shut-Ins, will deliver meals within the Leamington, Wheatley and Kingsville area.
|Hours||Office Hours Tues-Fri, 1:30 - 4:30 pm * (Call First, hours can vary)
Community Meal: Every Wed, 4 pm-5:30 pm
Community Clothing Cupboard: 4th Wednesday, 1 - 5 pm
|Dates||Sun Services: 8:30 am & 10:30 am
Sun School:10:30 am
|Meetings||Choir Practice - Thursday at 7 pm except July and August
Messy Church: 3rd Fri of the month (usually) from 5pm-7 pm * call to confirm
Anglican Church Women (A.C.W.): meet on the 2nd Mon of each month at 1:30 pm in the lounge.
Crafters:Tue afternoons at 1:30 pm, throughout most of the year except the summer months.
St John's Angel Cupboard: 4th Wed of the month 1 pm-5 pm (Career Clothing Closet is by request* call to schedule an appointment)
Migrant Worker Welcome Centre - 1 - 5 pm every other Sunday
Call for dates and times:
Narcotics Anonymous - Tuesday evening
Alcoholics Anonymous - Tuesday evening
S.M.A.R.T Recovery - Monday evening
Tai Chi - Tuesday am, Wednesday pm, Thursday am
Weight Watchers - Thursday pm, Friday am, Saturday am
|Areas Served||Kingsville ; Leamington ; Wheatley|
|Application||Registration for some programs|
|Description (Agency)||An Anglican church.|
|Primary Executive||Rev Andrew Wilson, Rector|
|Alternate Executive||Peter Scorrar, Warden|
|Located In Community||Leamington|
|Address & Map||
60 Erie St N
Leamington, ON N8H 2Z5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Erie St N and Clark St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Parking, Washroom, Ramp and Elevator|