Site: Chatham - Grand Ave W
Service: Housing Services Division
|Record #: CHK4912||Last Modified: 12 Feb 2020||Last Full Update: 12 Feb 2020|
|Office Phone||519-351-8573 ext 3|
|Primary Contact||Christopher Cartier, Housing Services Assistant; Phone: 519-351-1228 ext 2253|
|Description and Service Details|
|Description (Service)||Housing Services (CKHS)
• provide rent-geared-to-income (RGI) to 1,415 households in C-K
• area Landlord for C-K public housing (56 buildings, 710 units)
• area Service Manager to 14 C-K social housing providers (1,592 units)
• Responsible for Affordable Housing programs in C-K
* Provides centralized information about private non-profits, co-operatives, municipally owned social housing, rent supplement units with private landlords and affordable housing programs to help applicants of every income level make informed choices about their housing needs.
* Special Needs Housing is available for a household having one or more individuals needing accessibility modifications or provincially-funded support services in order to live independently in the community.
Other Agencies in Chatham-Kent that help with housing:
* Canadian Mental Health Association
* Canadian Red Cross Society
* Chatham & District Association for Community Living
* Chatham-Kent Women's Centre
* Ontario March of Dimes provide supportive housing units in Chatham-Kent.
Visit the website www.chatham-kent.ca for more information about affordable housing in Chatham-Kent.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Eligibility||* Must be 16 years of age or older and capable of living independently.
* Must be a Canadian Citizen/Permanent Resident or have made an application for status as a Permanent Resident or have Refugee
Claimant status or made an application for status where no removal order has been made enforceable against any member of the
* Must not owe arrears to any social housing provider or have been found to have misrepresented income for geared to income
* If a homeowner, must agree to put it up for sale upon offer to lease and sell within six months.
* May be a waiting list (call for details)
* If a victim of family violence or have special housing needs, please contact staff immediately.
|Application||* Call, walk-in or visit the municipal web site (www.chatham-kent.ca) for more information
* Download application form or visit this office or any Municipal Centre or Information Desk to obtain an application form
* Appointment required for eligibility assessment
* Application Process required
* Experiencing homelessness, please call 519-351-8573 between 8:00 am – 4:30 pm OR
519-354-6628 after 4:30 pm. Contact the Salvation Army at 519-354-1430 for a list of other housing options available
|Languages||English ; French|
|Primary Executive||Shelley Wilkins, Director, Housing Services; Phone: 519-351-8573; Email: Shelley.Wilkins@chatham-kent.ca|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial ; Municipal|
|Located In Community||Chatham|
|Address & Map||
Health & Family Services
435 Grand Ave W
Chatham, ON N7L 3Z4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Grand Ave and Keil Dr|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 1296
435 Grand Ave W
Chatham, ON N7M 5R9
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|